We are looking for our future Game Data Scientist to join the Analytics team in Barcelona (Spain) at Social Point.
We’re counting on you to further understand, retain, model, predict, segment and monetise Social Point »s customers, and help take our analytical capabilities to the next level.
You bring experience with quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, have strong programming skills and the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to Social Point.
We look forward to you joining us to take part in:
– Working (and playing) with the Game Teams to provide insights into how our customers are playing the games. Reporting results directly to the Head of Analytics, the Product Owners of the Games, the CEOs and other C-level executives.
– Conducting predictive analytics to assist the Game Teams to forecast how users will behave to changes in the Games.
– Working with Analytics Data Lab team, the Game Teams to ensure our data is precisely specified, understood and consistent.
-Debugging and problem-solving to ensure delivery of accurate metrics, first time.
- a High level of English
(Ability to communicate in Spanish would be a plus).
- a strong undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject area (such as Economics, Maths, Engineering or other such quantitative subject) from a leading university. (A postgraduate degree in economics or other such quantitative field would be a plus).
- strong analytical skills in applied statistics or econometrics and prior experience in empirical analysis.
- strong quantitative skills, including knowledge of spreadsheet and econometric or statistical software, such as SAS/Python/Stata/R/Matlab.
- skills for programming in SQL.
- a passion for data.
- an agility working with data; including being proficient at obtaining, scrubbing, exploring, modelling and interpreting data. You will also be able to deal easily with SQL tables and views, files (such as CSVs, JSONS, XMLS) and web services.
- An ability to turn analytical insight into actionable actions.
- Predictive analytics skills.
- An eye for detail, accuracy and elegance in reporting.
- Creative, highly meticulous, able to work under tight deadlines and are a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams.
- A good understanding of business insight and how to communicate analytical results.
- An interest in mobile games.
What we offer:
- Lots and lots of social benefits (check out our website to have an idea)
- a competitive salary
- a nice office, super nice people to work and play with, three awesome parrots to chat with, etc.
- a super special geogrpahical localization: sunny Barcelona!